I am available to give talks to students, the public, or private groups on any aspect of my research. All my lectures are profusely illustrated with powerpoint slides.
Video of me in a panel discussion
Subjects I can speak about include:
- Canadian and American illustration history in general
- History of Illustration book
- How illustration fits into the rest of the art world
- Current issues in illustration studies
- Women in illustration
- Chatelaine Magazine in the 1930s
- Robert Weaver and the avant-garde
- Oscar Cahén, eminent Canadian illustrator and painter
- Walter Haskell Hinton and the popular American West
- Olive Allen Biller, British children's illustrator in the UK and Canada
- Russell Patterson and the sexualization of women in the 1920s
- Arthur William Brown's life and career in the NY glamour industry
- Arthur Heming and the romantic northern frontier
If you are wondering if I can speak to something related that you don't see here, please feel free to ask me about it.
My rates depend upon travel, time, and audience.
photo by erin caton