I am available to give talks to students, the public, or private groups on any aspect of my research. All my lectures are profusely illustrated with powerpoint slides.
Subjects I can speak about include:
- Canadian and American illustration history in general
- The History of Illustration book
- How illustration fits into the rest of the art world
- Current issues in illustration studies
- Women in illustration
- Chatelaine Magazine in the 1930s
- Robert Weaver and the avant-garde
- Oscar Cahén, eminent Canadian illustrator and painter
- Walter Haskell Hinton and the popular American West
- Olive Allen Biller, British children's illustrator in the UK and Canada
- Russell Patterson and the sexualization of women in the 1920s
- Arthur William Brown's life and career in the NY glamour industry
- Arthur Heming and the romantic northern frontier
If you are wondering if I can speak to something related that you don't see here, please feel free to ask me about it.
My rates depend upon travel, time, and audience.
Speaking at Visual Communication conference, Portland, Oregon, 2010.
photo by conrad g. smith